See My Work with Patty Lakinsmith for the ISGB/Bead and Button Convergence Exhibit



Friday, October 19, 2012

On to Bamburg!

So...yesterday I described the fun in the train station. Now we're on the train, headed to Bamburg, where we will stay for a few days. I was anxious to see the town that so captivated my friend Karren, so much so, that she left New Port Richey to pursue her dreams there!

Karren had made the reservations, so we were treated to seats around a table and a great window view. Not a bad way to take a two hour train ride!

The countryside was gorgeous and lush. I was intrigued by the village-like scenes that flashed by, all looking like they came out of a story book. But you know me, I'm going to find some odd ball things along the way....and so I did!

Found outside the train station.
They are not shy about using that four letter word!

And of course, I found graffiti along the way! 

Did I mention the Germans aren't shy? (or prudish)


The trip was pleasant and uneventful, which was a good thing since we'd been awake for almost 24 hours by that time.  But when we arrived in Bamburg, I was fully awake!!! Such beauty! I felt like I'd stepped into a fairy tale. So we walked to our hotel and checked in, anxious to explore if our energy held out!

View from our floor

View of the area behind the hotel from our floor

Flap Alert!

So....we're off to explore. Let's not forget that we're still looking for Flaps, though we probably won't find many in Bamburg. I didn't realize that though Oktoberfest is a German celebration, the main festivities are held in Munich, not so much in the surrounding towns. But we will not be put off by that little factoid! Stay tuned for the continuing saga of the flap!
Toodles

3 comments:

cindy said...

I'm enjoying your journey!

DANKA Y MOJITO said...

Tricouri basic de damă
https://www.mohito.com/ro/ro/imbracaminte/tricouri-topuri/tricouri-basic
Tricouri basic de damă de la MOHITO
Tricourile basic de damă sunt o parte integrantă a garderobei fiecărei femei. Mai ales cu tricouri albe și negre, merită să dețineți mai multe, pentru că puteți crea multe ținute cu ele. La MOHITO veți găsi tricouri cu decolteu rotund sau în V. Oferim tricouri mulate, dar și tricouri cu croială supradimensionată. Tricourile discrete și clasice pot fi combinate cu pantaloni eleganți, fuste, blugi ajustați sau pantaloni scurți de diferite lungimi.

Tricouri basic de damă said...

Tricourile basic de damă sunt o parte integrantă a garderobei fiecărei femei. Mai ales cu tricouri albe și negre, merită să dețineți mai multe, pentru că puteți crea multe ținute cu ele. La MOHITO veți găsi tricouri cu decolteu rotund sau în V. Oferim tricouri mulate, dar și tricouri cu croială supradimensionată. Tricourile discrete și clasice pot fi combinate cu pantaloni eleganți, fuste, blugi ajustați sau pantaloni scurți de diferite lungimi.

Have you pledged yet?

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org