See My Work with Patty Lakinsmith for the ISGB/Bead and Button Convergence Exhibit



Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Well, I haven't written in a while because, frankly, I couldn't think of anything really interesting to say. How sad is that? My life just seems to hum along nicely, with few surprises but always a lot of fun!

A couple of weeks ago we went to Germany to catch up with my friend Karren and her hubby, James. Karren is a writer and English teacher in Bamburg - you can catch up with her on her blog - http://www.komnatachista.com. She's also a fantastic photographer!  Anyway, I digress....

On arriving in Munich, we went to Marianplatz to have a traditional German breakfast and watch the Glockenspiel. A traditional breakfast is apparently white sausage, large pretzel and beer! (At least during Oktoberfest!)

Karren greeting us when we arrived!

Traditional Breakfast
And of course, the beer!

James and more beer!


After our traditional breakfast we took a walk around Munich and visited a large open market. I don't think I've ever seen markets like this one!

These are hops, hanging in the market.
Would you believe these are Artichoke flowers???



After our walk, we headed to the train station for our trip to Bamburg...but that's another story!
Toodles,















No comments:

Have you pledged yet?

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org