See My Work with Patty Lakinsmith for the ISGB/Bead and Button Convergence Exhibit



Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Year, New Adventures!

Well, I know it's February, but happy New Year everyone! We had our usual New Years Eve party and a good time was had by all!

Now that we're well into the start of new year, it's time for reflection - again. I've made a few significant changes in my life, after much consideration, both personal and professional. Most of them have to do with reducing the stress that I seemed to be living with for the past year.

From a professional perspective, this is a wonderful thing. I'm spending less time on the computer and more time in the studio - withdrawal ain't easy! And I'm getting ready to take my art in a new direction.
Though I will continue to make designs for my shop on Etsy, I'm going to be taking some classes and learning new things.

This coming week, I'm going to start lampwork beadmaking class. This is actually something I've wanted to do for quite a while, but just never could find the time. Before another year passes by - and each year seems to go by faster than the year before - I am determined to learn this new skill. I'm also going to learn enameling - finally. Those of you who know me well, know that I've always wanted to do a suite of designs as an ode to Kandinsky. His use of geometric forms and brilliant colors has always attracted and inspired me. I'm hoping that with the use of lampwork and enameling, I will be able to add the colors I see as part of my designs. I will probably make some pieces wearable, but I'm actually leaning toward larger pieces, more sculpture like. Stay tuned!

Meanwhile, I did make some designs that are now in my store. Take a look and let me know what you think.






That's all for now!
Toodles,

1 comment:

Eve Smith said...

The cuff is just divine love the style, Im the same as you, i have my own work place now, there is 7 of us sharing a studio, we have all the equipment so it's alot better when you have the tools, i have also taken a 10 week course doing silversmithing, so im learning new technics.

Have you pledged yet?

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org