See My Work with Patty Lakinsmith for the ISGB/Bead and Button Convergence Exhibit



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A New Take on Felt!

Well, here I am in Pennsylvania visiting my son...and freezing my buns off! Very cold for this Florida gal!

Cold weather makes me think of warm things, and since the winter promises to be long and frigid, I thought I'd share a few found items on Etsy that I truly love and would own in a hearbeat, all things (like my wallet!) being equal. Today it's felt. A long time ago, someone gave me a couple of bars of felted soap. Never having seen that before, I was never sure what to do with it.

Before that, I'd never really thought much about felt, except that I could put it on the bottom of things that I didn't want to scratch tabletops. When my partner, Patty Lakinsmith, and I were designing the last piece for the ISGB Convergence exhibit, she suggested lining the back of the piece with felt, which she was willing to make herself. After ordering the materials and instructions on Etsy, I think she thought it was quite a bit of work for such a small piece. It turned out beautifully, and I think we both gained respect for the felt artist.

So while I'm looking for warm things, here's some felted designs I've fallen in love with!

 Of course here's some of the felted soap...I confess I am now actually using the one I was gifted and am enjoying the benefits of having my own built in "scrubby"!

These are by SoFino 




Here are some gorgeous fashion items....I'd really love to own! Santa are you listening????


Cutie Olive earrings by 3Fun

Gorgeous felted scarf by Rudman
I could go on, but you get the idea! I now have a tremendous amount of respect for felt artists, and I've added learning how to do this on my long "bucket list"!

That's all for now....
Toodles,
















        



No comments:

Have you pledged yet?

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org