See My Work with Patty Lakinsmith for the ISGB/Bead and Button Convergence Exhibit



Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wearable Art Jewelry - Palleiko Designs

I've been searching through the Etsy sites for some really cool neck pieces. Of course, I tend to lean toward metal, but I've found some gorgeous bead work too. One of the artists I've discovered is really skilled at draping the neck to show off, not only the design element, but also the flexibility of the metal. The results are amazing.
HPD designer Heather Palleiko attended University of the Arts in Philadelphia, PA studying metalsmithing and jewelry design. Working with a wide variety of materials that include various precious metals, rare woods, found objects, semi-precious stones and fibers, she has created beautiful wearable works of art for a varied clientel across the country and abroad. She specializes in custom designs. Take a look at these!

2 comments:

hpalleiko said...

Cyndie, I am honored that you chose to feature my work. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful necklaces!
Hope all is well and I have been informed that I may pick out something I like for my birthday. I'll convo you about that other ring soon.
Pam

Have you pledged yet?

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org