See My Work with Patty Lakinsmith for the ISGB/Bead and Button Convergence Exhibit



Thursday, December 29, 2011

December is Almost Over!

Well, this month has been one hustle! Very little studio time, unfortunately, so I have nothing new to show you, though there are several new style rings in the works.

What I have done is reconnect with friends from all over...party....eat....drink....eat....did I mention eat???

First up was the opening of the Altered Minds Christmas Shoppe at the Progress Energy Gallery. We do this every year, and it's always a great time. Most of the Altered Minds gals offer up items that they've been working on all year. It's a glorious collection of arts and crafts. We started earlier this month - just after Thanksgiving to allow the good folks of New Port Richey enough time to do their Christmas shopping. And of course we started with a party!
Some of the gang!
Great kids gifts!

Ila demonstration her spinning wheel technique!

Dolls by Diane

And lots of food! (Thanks Audrey!)

I inventoried and packed up the last of what was left yesterday. Kinda sad, but Christmas comes again next year, and I'm sure we'll all be there. It's something we look forward to every year.

Next on the agenda was the Altered Minds Christmas party. This year the party was hosted by Jill Marcus, at her wonderful home on the river. Everyone brought food to pass....did I mention we ate?....and a great time was had by all.

Ellen, Audrey and Betty

Our wonderfull hostess, Jill
Um, did I mention the food?
It was a wonderful luncheon, in a gorgeous setting on the water....great friends, beautiful weather.
Thanks Jill!

I think this is long enough, so I'll continue with the month's activities in the next post. Wishing you all a Happy Holiday!
Toodles,

No comments:

Have you pledged yet?

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org