See My Work with Patty Lakinsmith for the ISGB/Bead and Button Convergence Exhibit



Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gallery Opening

Wow, time flies so fast! I had just gotten back from Europe, now I've had the gallery opening, and next week is Christmas. Yikes! I'm not really ready, but I hope to catch up this weekend. The gallery opening was great. What a thrill for me...it was my first as the featured artist and I have to say, I didn't realize how much work it would be. I had 40 pieces and the installation took two days! By the time the opening arrived, I was exhausted. If you've never done one, let me tell you - the stress is something else. First, getting the pieces ready, then the installation, then worrying "what if no one shows up?" and finally - "what if nobody likes it?" Well, the roof didn't cave in, the gallery was packed, and many pieces went out the door! I was thrilled. Of course, none of this would have happened without the love and support of my girls, the ya ya's.
Then last week we had an Art Stroll downtown, and many artists set up tables on the sidewalks. It was cold, for Florida, low 60's, so the gallery served hot chocolate and tons of cookies, baked by ya yas Audrey and Judy...talk about sugar overload. We sponsored a horse and buggy ride and the children loved it. Again, the gallery was packed. I'm proud to report that my displays have been stripped almost bare. So guess what I'm doing between now and Christmas??? yup, making more stuff to fill the empty spaces. Hey, I'm not complaining!

This is me and DH (dear husband) at the opening, standing in front of "Electra", part of the strong women series.

"Electra"

"Cassiopia" "Pandora's Box"

Well, that's all I have for now. Lots of exciting things going on, and despite the poor economy, Christmas looks to be fun this year with tons of parties, a boat parade, a gallery event tomorrow and food! Lots and lots of food! Eat well, y'all and have a very Merry Christmas! Toodles,

No comments:

Have you pledged yet?

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org