See My Work with Patty Lakinsmith for the ISGB/Bead and Button Convergence Exhibit



Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Series

I've been pretty busy with custom orders lately...which is a nice thing. Sometimes, however, it leaves little time to create on my own. I started the Life series, and am still making pieces to add to it, but because it's so personal and based on my feelings about life, I'm slow to add to the collection because I really have to feel it. I did add one piece, which I will share with you. If you've been following the series, you know what inspired it. This one is about my own life. It's a sterling silver version of the original life cuff...but I added a feature or two to from my own perspective. If you look closely, you'll see a couple of lone silver balls, somewhat separate from the other design elements. These represent the two people in my life who are now lost to me. My dear friend, Cherie (who inspired the series originally) and my Dad. I made the cuff in silver because, though there have been ups and downs...who hasn't had them...my life has been very blessed.

I'm also starting a new series dedicated to women. I'm not sure what the name of the series will be, but each piece represents a woman, real or fictional, that we all know. I've completed a couple of pieces and as soon as I photograph them, I'll post them for you to see.

Toodles for now,

No comments:

Have you pledged yet?

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org